In a Client Shoot you are my client and you pay to get a specific result. It may be a portrait of you alone or with your family, an image for your business or for one of your clients (if you’re an Art Director at an agency for example). In any event, we go through the following process:
- You contact me and explain what specific result you want.
- Together we elaborate the details of the shoot: subject, location, date, props, styling, makeup, etc.
- I quote you a formal proposal including the detailed costs.
- When you are ready to book, you pay a deposit of 50% of the total cost. This secures your booking.
- We shoot on the scheduled date. You pay another 25% of the total cost at the beginning of the shoot.
- I deliver the final images. You pay the remaining 25% of the total cost upon delivery and we’re done!
How much does it cost?
Contrary to many photographers, I don’t have a fixed rate sheet, monthly “specials”, gift certificates or rebate coupons. I work strictly on a project basis, and because each project is different, the costs can vary greatly. Nevertheless, here are a few typical prices for simple projects:
- Artist Headshot for portfolio: around $300, including one-hour studio session and 5-6 retouched digital finals. Makeup and hair is extra.
- Family / personal portrait and lifestyle: between $500 and $750 for a session on location and a dozen or so retouched digital finals. Prints, makeup etc. are extra.
- Dance / circus performance for portfolio: between $500 and $1,000 for a session and a dozen or so retouched finals, depending on location, complexity, lighting, equipment needed etc.
- Weddings: sorry, I don’t do weddings.
I do a fair amount of “private” shootings where the client wishes to remain completely anonymous. This often the case with women in high-profile positions who want to have intimate photos of themselves that do not allow identification. You can be assured that whatever project or image you want will be handled with the utmost personal care and professionalism, and that confidentiality is guaranteed. Here are a few of my rules:
- Clients who require anonymity are assigned a pseudonym for my records and image stores (i.e. Mrs Jones)
- It is possible to pay anonymously.
- Private photos are never published.
- Once the project is done, the originals may be destroyed if so desired.